Latest Global Scuba Diving Destination News and information
Posted by: sddiver96 on Nov 16,
Boracay island is a world-class tourist and scuba diving destination in the southern Philippines. It is one of the most popular getaways in the Philippines, attracting close to one million local and foreign visitors each year. One trip makes it easy to understand why so many divers fall in love with Boracay. Its powder white sand and calming blue waters are almost magnetic. Plus, it is only thirty minutes away by airplane from Manila followed by a twenty-minute boat ride from the province of Aklan.
Enjoying a beautiful shoreline is not the only reason why people take their holidays in Boracay. Check any divers’ forum and you will see that scuba diving is a well-loved sport in the area. Boracay boasts of crystal waters, corals, and a rich marine life. The underwater world is brimming with life, and divers get front row view on the action.
If you are new on the island, here are the five best things to spend your time on.
1. Explore its beaches. Boracay boasts of many beaches, there is White Beach, which is the main tourist hot spot, and the lesser-populated Bulabog Beach located at the other side of the island. Its other beaches include Diniwid, Puka Shell, Cagban, Punta Bunga, Banyugan, Ilig-Iligan, and Manoc-Manoc beach among others. Truly, you would need more than a few days to fully appreciate all the island has to offer.
2. Go underwater. Boracay’s most loved activities include scuba diving and snorkeling. A walk along the strip of the shoreline will take you through numerous diving stores that offer reasonable prices to highlight people’s holidays. It is always a must to keep safety as a priority. Go with reliable PADI pros or experienced divers who can guarantee your safety underwater.
3. Try kite boarding and parasailing. Even divers’ forums will have the occasional rave about kite boarding and parasailing. Variety is good for the soul, after all. Boracay is one place where you can experience world-class kite boarding and parasailing to make the most of your vacation.
4. Lounge around. Many scuba divers say that one of the best things to do between dives in Boracay is to do nothing at all. After enjoying a list of leisure activities, people are usually found lounging by the beach enjoying a cold drink or a soothing massage. If you get tired from resting, Boracay has a commercial strip filled with interesting shops and places to eat.
5. Play a few holes. Boracay is home to a sixteen-hole golf course designed by titlist Graham Marsh. Get a good balance of sand and greens by giving this top golf course a try.
Be sure to browse our Dive Centers and Dive Resorts section as well as our Divers Forum and Scuba Diving Blog for more information on Boracay.